In order to register a branch of a foreign company in Tanzania, we will require the following documents from the parent Company:-
1) A certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation or the equivalent document.
2) A certified copy of the charter, statutes or ,Memorandum and Articles of association written in English, or a translation thereof if written in a different language.
3) A list of the full names of the Directors and Secretary of the parent Company giving the following details:-
In case of an individual, attach their passport copies (if foreigner) or NIDA card ( for Tanzanian) his present Christian name, surname and any former Christian name or surname, postal address, email address, contact number, and
In case of a corporation, attach a copy of certificate of incorporation (with details of its corporate name, registered or principal office and its postal address, email and contact number)
4) Details of subsisting charges created by the Company, excluding charges solely on property outside Tanzania.
5) The full names, email, contact number and postal addresses of one or more persons resident in Tanzania authorised to accept on behalf of the Company service of process and any notices required to be served on the Company and to represent the company as its permanent representative, whether acting alone or jointly. Please attach NIDA card for Tanzanian branch representative or copy of Passport for foreign branch representative who are resident in Tanzania.
6) The full address, email and contact number of the registered or principal office of the Parent Company.
7) The full address, email and contact number of the place of business in Tanzania.
8) A copy of the most recent financial statements and related reports of the Parent Company (an English version).
9) The official fees of USD 1190.
Please note that all copies must be certified by a Notary Public.
When all the documents for registering a branch are filed, the Registrar of Companies will issue a Certificate of Compliance after a period of approximately 2 weeks from the time of lodging the documents.